When is the Best Time of the Week to Move?
January 12th, 2023
Moving to a new home is an exciting, but also a stressful, experience. One of the decisions you'll need to make when planning your move is deciding on the best day and time to move. Here are a few factors to consider when determining the best time of the week to move:
- Work schedule: If you're planning to move during the week, it's important to take into consideration your work schedule. If you're able to take time off work to move, you'll have more flexibility in terms of when you can move. Moving on a weekend may be more convenient for you if your work schedule is too busy during the week.
- The moving company's schedule: If you're hiring a moving company, you'll need to consider their availability when planning your move. Some moving companies may be more busy on certain days of the week, so it's best to plan ahead and book your move as far in advance as possible.
- School schedule: If you have children and they are currently in school, it's best to plan your move around their school schedule. Moving during the summer when school is out may be the most convenient option, as it'll avoid disruptions to their education and daily routine.
- Traffic: If you're planning to move during the week, you may want to avoid rush hour traffic, as this can cause delays and increase stress. You may want to consider moving on a weekend or during non-peak hours on weekdays to avoid heavy traffic.
- Weather: You may want to consider the weather forecast when planning your move. Moving during the summer when it's hot and humid can be more challenging than moving during the cooler months. If you're moving during the rainy season, it is best to have a plan in place for protecting your belongings from potential water damage.
- Rates: Some moving companies may charge more for moving on weekends or during the summer months when demand is high. If budget is a concern, consider moving during the week or during the off-peak season to save money.
Ultimately, the best time of the week to move will depend on your individual circumstances. By considering factors such as your work schedule, the moving company's schedule, school schedule, traffic, weather and rates, you'll be able to plan a move that is convenient and stress-free. Remember to take your time and make a plan, it'll help to minimize the stress of your move.